Thursday, January 1, 2009

Posting in a New Year 2009!


I will try to get better in '09. I would like to use this as a quilt journal and updates on our handsome grandsons.
We spent a wonderful 4 days with Kim, Michael and the boys during Christmas. I was able to watch Gage some so Kim could get away for a while in between feedings. We are planning on getting Cole up here at our house on MLK's birthday. We can't wait until Gage can come up so we can show him off!

-Quilting news: Two quilts were finished for Christmas presents. And unfortunately, neither one had pictures made when finished. They went to our great niece's. We did 2 siggie lap size quilts for two shut in families at church. They turned out pretty nice, everyone signed them.
I am finishing up the last black and white block for the B &W swap. I look forward to getting blocks from others.
This next year, I will NOT be buying fabric. One main reason is my favorite LQS hangout is closing : > (
I am going to miss Ruthie, Dixie, Gene, Teresa, Jean Beth, Bobbi and all of the friends I made there this past 3+ years. I hope we can get together once a month like we are planning.
I am planning on joining the PP swap Deb in NY is going to host soon. She is doing one set in patriotic and one scrapy. Here is a link to the pattern we will use. It is called Colonial Pavement: http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ColonialPavementBlock.html I am going to post one picture from Christmas with the boys, just to show everyone I really was there..

No comments: