Friday, July 4, 2008

Getting closer to being Finished with Bumper Pad Set

Well, one more long side of the bumper pad to close by hand and I will be finished with the set for the new grandson due in September. Next is the crib skirt and finish the little quilt. I am also making a set of bumpers, quilt, crib skirt and pillow covers for my co worker Mary. Her first grandson will be here next month. (Yeah, I know, I better get busy) I hope to cut all of her stuff tomorrow and begin the bumpers. I think I will stop the set for my grandson and do Mary's. Or at least work a little on each. Another person asked me if I could do a set for her, I had to say no. I have two shower gifts to make for 2 of my co worker's that are having boys. This is the year for boys.
I didn't mention it, but we had Cole here again last week. He slept in his new toddler sleigh bed. I bought a spiderman sheet for the mattress and a twin size flat sheet that I cut down to make a top sheet and pillow case for him. His momma bought him a really soft blanket to go on it, he was set to sleep at Granny and Pa's. He has a beautiful bunk bed set at home, yet he seemed to do ok in the smaller bed for a few nights. It was such fun having him here. He swam in the pool Pa bought him. He and I made mud pies, he really enjoyed that (and I left his shirt on him and it is ruined now with dirt stains.) He helped me make lunch, spreading the butter on bread and putting cheese on it for grilled cheese sandwiches. Such fun!! I will post a couple pics if I can.

No comments: