Saturday, April 25, 2009

Went to the Pontotoc County Quilt Show


There were some really beautiful quilts at the quilt show. We have many talented quilters in our area. I was able to visit with a few of my quilting buddies. Dixie, Jean Beth, Penny and Jane. Ruthie did a demonstration on English Paper Piecing. Which was really interesting to me, she got me hooked on PP'ing at the shop I picked up a few new pointers from her. I started two projects this past week with English PP'ing. I want to do a Grandmother's Flower Garden mini quilt like the one Colene (robicole) on about com did. Here is a picture of hers. I am using reproduction fabrics, which I found some really cute ones at the quilt show today I just HAD to purchase. I am also working on a GFG top with random placed flowers. I am not using the garden path on it so It won't be a "true" GFG.
Well I have several projects to finish. I did get 5 more block lotto blocks done for the month of April. Now to find where I put the instructions for May...hmmm

No comments: